Friday, September 24, 2010

Show Us Your Life-Master Bedroom

I decided to 'try' and participate in Kelly's Korner, Show Us Your Life series.  After all I love to see others' ideas.Welcome to our master bedroom.
Our bedroom is a mix of a lot of freebies!  Our headboard was grabbed off of my grandparents ranch in a scrap metal pile.  I just love it-even the rust holes.

Here is the entrance from the hall & bathroom.

This chest was once used in my brother-in-law's college apartment.  I have painted it at least 4 times and changed the hardware out.


The chair was given to me when my grandparents bought new furniture.  I didn't think the hunter green fabric gave me the look I was going for so I painted it with latex wall paint that was a merchant freebie.  It took two coats and I love it!  The legs are dark wood like the floor-I would like to paint them a gray-someday.  The wicker chest was a freebie when my sister-in-law cleaned out her closet.  A couple of cans of spray paint later Cody now has a nightstand.

Horns are one of my new favorite accessories.  The lamps are Dollar General purchases many years ago.  I painted them silver, but would love to have them dipped in chrome.  The shades are Target clearance and they both of a prism hung on the light switch.

Before my bedroom became white I had the Ralph Lauren leopard and floral print bed, curtains, .....  I love the little splash of wild!

This little table was my grandmothers and then Momma used it for awhile and now I have it.  The silver tray was Cody's grandmother's.

This armoire has a story: I drooled over this piece at Hobby Lobby for over a year.  I finally decided to bite the bullet and brought my 40% off coupon to purchase it, since within the year it never went more than 30% off.  When I arrived this was the only one on the floor and it had a few scratches.  The wonderful manager gave it to me 30% off plus let me use my coupon.  Then he couldn't get the new cash register to total it like he wanted so I ended up getting it for $200+ when it was $1000!  I don't know how I controlled myself!!!!!  It is huge and I love it!

I love my hand carved deer head which of course I found on clearance.  I found a huge steal on it as well.  Below it is the matching ottoman to the chair I painted.

A view from my side of the bed.
My ceiling is hot pink with a gold rubbed into the texture.  I scraped all of the popcorn off and retextured.  The walls are a light gray and the trim is spanish white-just like the rest of the house inside and out.  I still have to paint my closet doors and put up crown molding.  Hopefully I will complete those things real soon!
Now I am off to check out everyone else's' rooms!

4 comments:

  1. Love the hot pink ceiling and the great Hobby Lobby deal! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great room! Love the HUGE armoire, bed & white linens. Super cute!

    Blessings~
    queenofsassysavings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are such a good bargain shopper! What a steal at Hob Lob! Your room is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I decided I would participate in Kelly's Korner Show Us Where You Live posts, as well. I can't wait to see what all you've done to your house! I absolutely love your master bedroom and the pink ceiling.

    ReplyDelete